My Daily Walk

This project is no longer available for viewing.

Student: Gregory Reeb
Course: English 553, Jon McKenzie
Medium: Graphic Essay

Description: My project attempts to tie together a deeper intellectual history with the repetition of my daily walk to school.

By overlaying excerpts from my journal from the past two years of my life with scenes from my daily walk to school, I superimpose the past onto the present to illustrate how dominant patterns in my thought reproduce and reinforce themselves daily as I interact with the world around me. Additionally, through the sometimes meaningful and sometimes random placement of images with the text, I represent the life of the mind—an existence not wholly separate from the outside world, but which certainly has a tendency to create its own trajectory independent of real world happenings. Three pages of the book are devoted to six dominant intellectual influences in my life. The embodiment of these influences is seen in my text, although I leave room for some type of future causality since most of my thoughts were completed before the influence of certain included writers (can you figure out which ones?), while the incorporation of others is much more long lived and pervasive in the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment